The TOEIC Listening and Reading test is a fair and valid assessment of English-language listening and reading, speaking and writting skills for the workplace. With about 7 million tests administered every year, the TOEIC tests are the most widely used worldwide.
The TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests complement the TOEIC Listening and Reading test by providing a direct assessment of a person’s spoken and written English skills. The TOEIC Speaking and Writing test combined with the TOEIC Listening and Reading test provide both test takers and score users with a comprehensive view of a test taker’s English language ability. Together, these tests provide an assessment tool for measuring all four English-language communication skills.
Employers worldwide use the TOEIC® test to determine who can communicate effectively in English across borders and cultures with coworkers and clients.
Standardized and secured testing procedures, as well as a rigorous scoring process:
- the test delivers reliable and accurate scores decision makers can trust;
- test questions are based on real-world workplace situations;
- TOEIC scores remain fair and comparable across administrations;
- international validation;
- the abilities tested are relevant to the business environment (no grammar section);
- it addresses the business environment, the competences are valid for all fields;
- results come in fast (about 15 days);
- objective results;
- TOEIC score interpretation is made on the basis of the acquired skills (afirmatii CAN – DO);
- no “failure”, only high or low score.
The TOEIC certificate is valid for 2 years. TOEIC® Speaking Test Format
The TOEIC Speaking test is designed to measure a person’s ability to communicate in spoken English in the context of daily life and the global workplace. The test is composed of eleven tasks and takes approximately twenty minutes to complete. The range of ability among English learners who will take the TOEIC Speaking test is expected to be broad; that is, both very capable speakers and speakers of limited ability can take the test. The test is designed to provide information about language ability to speakers across a range of language proficiency levels.
TOEIC® Writing Test Format
The TOEIC Writing test is designed to measure the ability to use written English to perform communication tasks that are typical to daily life and the international workplace. The test is composed of eight tasks and takes approximately one hour to complete. As with the TOEIC Speaking test, the range of ability among English learners who will take the TOEIC Writing test is expected to be broad. The test is designed to provide useful information about test takers across a range of language proficiency levels.