English Courses: Individual Coaching in Portsmouth, England
The 1:1 mornings can concentrate on the individual’s specific language difficulties and specialist vocational vocabulary; the afternoons can focus on communication and intercultural exchange in the context of professional situations: presentations, meetings, negotiating, leading an international team, intercultural awareness in working environments.
Who’s this for?
- participants who have a very specialist agenda for their course or prefer individual teaching totally tailored to their exact needs;
- trainees who may wish to only have lessons in the morning or outside our normal timetable hours. This course can be offered as 30, 25, 20 or 15 hours per week (pricing varies);
- students of a low level (lower-intermediate or below: A1/A2) who do not have the communicative competence to participate in the open groups.
Subject to a comprehensive needs analysis of the participant’s requirements, special emphasis is placed on the relevant professional vocabulary, register, grammatical structures and pronunciation that are used in the participant’s work. As well as formal classroom teaching to learn English, study activities include roleplay, case studies and simulations and video and audio recorded simulations. In our Business English courses the focus is on practical & effective business English for professionals in communication and may include language and skills for:
- Meetings and Teleconferencing;
- Socialising and Networking;
- E-mail, Letter and Report Writing;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- International leadership and management;
- Specialist vocabulary development.
Course duration can be for between 1 and 4+ weeks (2 weeks is the average).
- Minimum age: 25;
- Maximum class size: 1;
- 25 hours (60 minutes) per week, plus 5-10 hours self-access;
- Start any Monday;
- Minimum 1 week;
- All levels for 1:1.
The programme is highly intensive and includes:
- 25 contact hours;
- 5 to 10 self-access study hours;
- 7.5 hours social English over optional teacher accompanied lunch per week plus optional evening social activities (such as restaurants, guided tours, live music, cultural events).
We would recommend that most students do a combination course:
- 1:1 in the morning, giving the students the opportunity to not only study English but work on individual and specialised needs necessary for executives and professionals;
- mini group of maximum 4 people in the afternoon, focus is on professional communication in an international context with students of other nationalities and cultures.