English Courses in Portsmouth, England
A ‘Closed Group’ consists of participants from the same company or organisation with compatible language levels and training needs. This option allows us to concentrate on the specific professional and linguistic needs which are particular to the group, and to introduce authentic materials from the client company.
The maximum participants per group is six.
Who’s this for?
- trainees from the same company with a similar level of English and training needs;
- companies who want to encourage team-building and bonding;
- groups who may wish to only have lessons in the morning or outside our normal timetable hours.
Subject to a comprehensive needs analysis of the participants’ requirements, special emphasis is placed on the relevant professional vocabulary, register, grammatical structures and pronunciation that are used in the participants’ work. As well as formal classroom teaching to learn English, study activities include roleplay, case studies and simulations, video and audio recorded simulations. In our Business English courses the focus is on practical & effective business English for professionals in communication and may include language and skills for:
- Meetings and Teleconferencing;
- Socialising and Networking;
- E-mail, Letter and Report Writing;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- International leadership and management;
- Specialist vocabulary development.
Course duration can be for between 1 and 4+ weeks (2 weeks is the average).
The programme is highly intensive and includes:
- 25 contact hours;
- 5 to 10 self-access study hours;
- Options for an extra 5 hours;
- 7.5 hours social English over optional teacher accompanied lunch per week plus optional evening social activities (such as restaurants, guided tours, live music, cultural events).